Line Dance Program
The line dance program at Worlds is shaping up to be fun, exciting, and spectacular this year! Plan to join us for the ultimate international line dance party featuring your favorite dancers, instructors and choreographers from around the globe.
Highlights this year include:
- Workshops of all levels in a wide variety of line dance styles ~ many taught by the choreographers themselves!
- An outstanding international staff of instructors and deejays (see below)
- Choreography competition
- Dancing until dawn in our dedicated line dance ballroom
- Amazing line dance competition to watch and enjoy
- Event pass options to suit any whim ~ attend for the whole week, just on the weekend, any single day, or any single night
- Beautiful facilities and group room rates at the Coronado Spring Resort
- Hours of social line dancing each evening
- Hanging out with fun and like minded dancers from all over the world
This year, we’re making a concerted effort to encourage line dance choreographers to bring their new dances to Worlds. We’re going to offer choreography contests in both Country and non-Country music categories, and in Newcomer/Novice and Intermediate/Advanced skill levels. We’ll also have an open ABC division. Prize money will be awarded for the best dances in each category. Naturally, you’ll have to register for the event and register for the choreography contest, but the only eligibility requirement we have is that you must be an associate member of the UCWDC. If you’ve never been a member before, it only costs $5. You can even compete in choreography on a 1-day pass!
For further information, please see Page 10, section 2g of the UCWDC Rules http://ucwdc.org/resources/free/2014rules.pdf
This early in the year, we are not able to publish even a preliminary version of our workshop schedule since our instructors have not been requested to submit the dances they’d like to teach. However, we have developed a preliminary workshops matrix to show how many workshops we plan to offer, what type of dances will be offered and when, and in what rooms they will be held. Please visit the Workshops page of this website to see the preliminary matrix.
We're still confirming our staff but for so far we've confirmed:
Michele Burton - United States
Will Craig - United States
Guyton Mundy - United States
John Robinson –
Judy McDonald - Canada
Michel Platje - The Netherlands
More to come ..........
JP Potter – United States
Come join us! You’ll be glad you did